trying to make a Toshiba Satellite Pro A300 work with FreeBSD 8-CURRENT (2008.11)

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 02:34:55 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 08:00:09AM +0000, John . wrote:
 > Hello, thanks for looking at this.
 >
 > > It looks like 88E8072(Yukon Extreme). It's not supported yet and it
 > > requires more code to support newer Tx descriptor format as well as
 > > new workaround for this controller. I don't have these hardwares
 > > and it's somewhat hard to write a patch without accessing hardware.
 >
 > I could get it online with an external card (pcmcia) if you wish.
 > Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Remote hardware debugging is really hard and requires some remote
(hardware) configuration to see what's goining on and have a way
to enter debugger etc.

Since msk(4) is still behind in newer controller support I should
have had to sit down and write a patch for it. In these days it's
getting harder to find spare time and there are too many drivers in
tree that needs attention.
If I manage to have a patch I'll let me know.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon