fsck_ufs after every reboot

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:31:51 PST 2008

On Wed, 12.11.2008 at 10:21:49 -0800, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> And as luck would have it, I can't reproduce the problem any more.  I've
> shutdown -p now'd literally 6 times in a row without any sort of lock
> up, and this is running on the old kernel.  The same behaviour is now
> seen with the new kernel.
>
> So, the 2-3 times I've seen "shutdown -p now" not fully power off the
> machine were either flukes, or who knows what/why.
>
> I simply can't reproduce the problem any longer.  I'm sorry.

Did you use NFS mounts when the shutdown would hang? I too had some
"panics on shutdown" on my CURRENT testbed, but haven't looked closer.
All these LORs in the VFS should be fixed first, anyways.

Cheers,
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt.