USB4BSD (USB2): How do I activate and use the new USB infrastructure?

Thomas Sparrevohn Thomas.Sparrevohn at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 8 12:58:12 PST 2008

On Saturday 08 November 2008 17:08:03 O. Hartmann wrote:
> For those with us having missed how to use the new USB2 stuff:
>
> How do I use the new USB4BSD stuff? What is necessary in kernel config?
> I tried to load everything beginning with 'usb2_...' via loader.conf (no
> device usb... in kernel config), but no USB device was recognized after
> that, especially no mice. So I guess I forgott the basic/primary USB2
> infrastructure 'device' in kernel config. Can someone give me a hint
> were to read about this?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Oliver

I am using the following in the kernel

#
#
# USB2
#
device usb2_bluetooth
#device usb2_bluetooth_fw
#device usb2_bluetooth_ng
device usb2_controller
device usb2_controller_at91dci
device usb2_controller_ehci
device usb2_controller_musb
device usb2_controller_ohci
device usb2_controller_uhci
#device usb2_controller_uss820dci
device usb2_core
device usb2_ethernet
device usb2_ethernet_aue
device usb2_ethernet_axe
device usb2_ethernet_cdce
device usb2_ethernet_cue
#device usb2_ethernet_dav
device usb2_ethernet_kue
device usb2_ethernet_rue
device usb2_image
device usb2_input
device usb2_input_hid
device usb2_input_kbd
device usb2_input_ms
device usb2_misc
#device usb2_misc_dbp
#device usb2_misc_fm
#device usb2_ndis
device usb2_quirk
device usb2_scanner
device usb2_serial
#device usb2_serial_ark
#device usb2_serial_bsa
#device usb2_serial_bser
#device usb2_serial_chcom
#device usb2_serial_cycom
#device usb2_serial_foma
#device usb2_serial_ftdi
#device usb2_serial_gensa
#device usb2_serial_ipaq
device usb2_serial_lpt
#device usb2_serial_mct
#device usb2_serial_modem
#device usb2_serial_moscom
#device usb2_serial_plcom
#device usb2_serial_visor
#device usb2_serial_vscom
#device usb2_sound
device usb2_storage
#device usb2_storage_ata
#device usb2_storage_fs
device usb2_storage_mass
device usb2_storage_rio
device usb2_template
device usb2_wlan
device usb2_wlan_ral
device usb2_wlan_rum
device usb2_wlan_zyd

# USB support
#device         uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
#device         ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
#device         ehci            # EHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 2.0)
#device         usb             # USB Bus (required)
##device                udbp            # USB Double Bulk Pipe devices
#device         ugen            # Generic
#device         uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
#device         ukbd            # Keyboard
#device         ulpt            # Printer
#device         umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
#device         ums             # Mouse
#device         ural            # Ralink Technology RT2500USB wireless NICs
#device         rum             # Ralink Technology RT2501USB wireless NICs
#device         urio            # Diamond Rio 500 MP3 player
#device         uscanner        # Scanners
# USB Serial devices
#device         ucom            # Generic com ttys
#device         uark            # Technologies ARK3116 based serial adapters
#device         ubsa            # Belkin F5U103 and compatible serial adapters
#device         uftdi           # For FTDI usb serial adapters
#device         uipaq           # Some WinCE based devices
#device         uplcom          # Prolific PL-2303 serial adapters
#device         uslcom          # SI Labs CP2101/CP2102 serial adapters
#device         uvisor          # Visor and Palm devices
#device         uvscom          # USB serial support for DDI pocket's PHS
# USB Ethernet, requires miibus
#device         aue             # ADMtek USB Ethernet
#device         axe             # ASIX Electronics USB Ethernet
#device         cdce            # Generic USB over Ethernet
#device         cue             # CATC USB Ethernet
#device         kue             # Kawasaki LSI USB Ethernet
#device         rue             # RealTek RTL8150 USB Ethernet
#device         udav            # Davicom DM9601E USB