ndis(4) patch to replace obsolete if_watchdog interface

Andrew Thompson thompsa at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 29 21:44:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 04:41:32PM -0400, Coleman Kane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just replaced the obsoleted if_watchdog interface in ndis(4) with a
> local implementation. This should remove the obnoxious warning message
> on device init. Anyone using -CURRENT with an ndis card, could you send
> me success/fails?
>
> The patch is here:
>   * http://people.freebsd.org/~cokane/patches/if_ndis-new_wd.patch

This works different to the rest of the network drivers. The existing
drivers use a callout tick that runs while the driver is up and an
integer counter.

 if (x && --x == 0)
	 ...timeout...

You arm the callout and stop it after each Tx, does this have any
perfornace impact?

Andrew