par. ata not seen if sata is present

Andrey V. Elsukov bu7cher at yandex.ru
Mon May 26 10:25:20 UTC 2008

Andrey Chernov wrote:
> From my reading of Linux ahci.c code, they use special init flags and
> ports init just for two Marvell chipsets only, so it can't break other
> chipsets.

Linux libata uses "slightly" :) different error handling and
initialization model and libata AHCI part may work with Marvell
88SE61xx without special quirks. Our driver didn't work. Last time
when i tested it was before PM support commits. I'll try fresh
current AHCI code on 88SE6121 tonight, so maybe something was
changed?..

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov