ata mode at startup

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Sat May 24 12:55:13 UTC 2008

> It would also be impossible to maintain,

I'm suprised.  I'd been thinking of an analogy to USB quirk table,
(I sent send-pr's for entries for that), but you know ATA code, I don't.

> thats why the current knobs
> are there, if DMA fails you boot in "safe" mode ie PIO and then you
> can experiment to your hearts content what your flakey HW can take.

Good point. ( I've wished before though, we'd thought of a more intuitive
name for "Safe", though not sure what it might be.)

Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich www.berklix.com
	Mail just Ascii plain text.  HTML & Base64 text are spam.