possible bug in /usr/include/sys/proc.h

Vladimir Ermakov samflanker at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:00:26 UTC 2008

> td_lprof's type is going to be #ifdef _KERNEL. Why does this app need
> to know about struct proc?
>
>  -Kip

Application in question is a monitoring system's agent, and it uses
kvm_getprocs to obtain list of running processes. It is supposed to
compile on many different FreeBSD versions.

kvm_getprocs returns information in kinfo_proc structures, and
kinfo_proc at least on old FreeBSD versions has member kp_proc of type
struct proc. If inclusion of sys/proc.h is now prohibited, we can add
additional checks to configure and add appropriate ifdefs to our code.

/Vladimir Ermakov