Updated php, and apache segfaults on SIGHUP

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Tue May 20 11:51:32 UTC 2008

>> Could you guys google for fixphpextorder.sh and see if that would help.
>> It did help me last year when I had this problem and I always rely on it
>> during upgrade, but I'm not saying I guarantee it will:-)
>
> still cores
>
> # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start
> Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> Starting apache22.
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Apache (1.3) would core dump when pgsql (from php 5.2.5) was loaded as
a module. Commenting this module out from
/usr/local/etc/php/extensions.php solved the startup problem (but then
the web-app could not connect to our postgresql-server). Compiling
pgsql statically into php worked around my problem.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare