panic mounting ntfs

Josh Carroll josh.carroll at gmail.com
Thu May 8 16:02:48 UTC 2008

> I am a bit late, but could you please try the patch from the
>  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/120483
>
> It was ported from NetBSD and seems like it is a bit more complete
> than the one proposed by pluknet.

It did not patch cleanly against a recently csup'd source tree, but
there was only one hunk that failed, which I manually fixed.

Attached is the updated diff, if pluknet wants to give it a shot. I
just finished building the kernel and it does indeed fix the problem.
I was able to mount the NTFS filesystem here and copy a file off of it
without issue.

Let me know if you'd like me to respond to the PR and attach this
patch there as well.

Thanks!
Josh