Installation trouble with HP Proliant ML110 G5

Josep Pujadas i Jubany josep at bellera.cat
Mon Mar 31 09:41:41 PDT 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:36:47 +0800, Kevin Foo wrote
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Josep Pujadas i Jubany wrote:
>

> > * On-board NIC was not detected.
>
> See PR kern/119779  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/119779
>
> * shutdown -r now did'nt restart the system. The system was blocked at:
> >

> The system will reboot properly if you load ipmi module and specify
watchdog
> timeout in 60 seconds.
>
> # kldload ipmi
> # watchdog -t 60; reboot
>
> You can create handy alias.
> alias reboot 'watchdog -t 60; /sbin/reboot'
>
> I didn't have any issue with DVD drive when it was running 6.3/7.0.
>
> --
> Regards
> Kevin Foo

Thanks!

Everything ok up to now!

1. patch for BCM5722 NIC worked. I modified the files and I recompiled my
kernel.

2. ipmi works if I load manually as you suggested. But if I include in the
kernel as "device ipmi" (for automatic loading at startup system) disks are
not correctly dismounted. So, I wrote a shell script to do all the
operations and I increase the timer to 120 seconds.

3. I'm sorry. My CD1 FreeBSD 7.0 was damaged. I made a new CD and no problem.

Regards,

Josep Pujadas