ZFS sharenfs and NFS options

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 23:57:42 PST 2008

On 3/5/08, Dmitry Morozovsky <marck at rinet.ru> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Scot Hetzel wrote:
>
>  SH> >  what is a way to specify NFS options, such as -maproot and -network, on
>  SH> >  an ZFS
>  SH> >  filesystem? Man page is almost quiet about it, and my quick experiments
>  SH> >  did not
>  SH> >  show any success...
>  SH> >
>  SH> >  I suppose, it should be documented a bit more...
>  SH> >
>  SH> It is documented in the zfs(1M) man page.
>  SH>
>  SH> zfs set sharenfs="-maproot=root -alldir -network 10.0.0.3 -mask
>  SH> 255.255.255.255" myzpool/test
>  SH>
>  SH> cat /etc/zfs/exports
>  SH> # !!! DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE MANUALLY !!!
>  SH>
>  SH> /myzpool/test   -maproot=root -alldir -network 10.0.0.3 -mask 255.255.255.255
>
>  Hmm... where did you find it in the manpage? Or did you mean Solaris
>  man page version?
>
>  Anyway, thanks, it is working now.

I just did  a `man zfs` and looked for sharenfs, in there it says that
you can set sharenfs to one of 3 values (on, off, or opts):

Otherwise,  the  share(1M)  command  is invoked with options
equivalent to the contents of this property.

This line can be interpreted for FreeBSD as:

Otherwise, mountd(8) will load the export host addresses and options
into the kernel using the contents of this property.

Scot