CFT: vr(4)

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 01:31:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 11:53:41AM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:

Sorry for late handling. I wanted to solve Milan Obuch's issue first
before committing vr(4). But it seems that it's not easy to fix
Milan's issue. :-(

 > At 07:30 PM 2/27/2008, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
 >
 > >I never thought this kind of testing. It's good to hear vr(4)
 > >recovers from the abrupt link change events. I guess this also
 > >indicates the overhauled vr(4) can close lots of PR for vr(4).
 >

 > BTW, any chance of these fixes being backported to RELENG_7 and
 > RELENG_6 ? Its not just media speed changes that causes the nic to

I'm sure I'll MFC the change to RELENG_7 but not sure it could be
done on RELENG_6 due to lack of spare time.

 > wedge, and up/down transition (eg. a device via xover cable that
 > reboots) will do the same thing :(

Link state change handling includes the following events which
could be happend during Tx/Rx operation or idle state against link
partner.
 o link up/down event.
 o link speed changes.
 o duplex changes.
 o flow-control changes(Not activated yet in vr(4)).
I guess overhauled vr(4) can handle all above events.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon