Hard disk not detected during install

Raphael Salas raphael_salas at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 22:55:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

I recently bought a Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7479, and want to run FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE on it. However, during partitioning, my hard disk (SATA) is not found, even with ACPI disabled and during safe mode. pciconfig -lv says the ATA controller's vendor is ATI. Additionally, my BIOS doesn't provide any options regarding hard disk, therefore, I cannot switch it to IDE mode.

Can I do anything about it?