URGENT: Need help rebuilding iir RAID5 array with failed drive

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:21:27 UTC 2008

[CC list chopped, sending to just -current]

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Derek Ragona
<derek at computinginnovations.com> wrote:
> If you are looking to move up, look at the 3ware RAID cards.  Not sure which
> models work with FreeBSD, but these card do perform very well.

The twe(4) driver supports the 7000-series and 8000-series PATA RAID
controllers from 3Ware/AMCC.  We've used the 7500-series cards in
several FreeBSD boxes without issues, in PCI-X and PCI slots.

The twa(4) driver supports the 9000-series of SATA RAID controllers,
including the 9500s, 9550s, and 9650s.  We've used each of those
cards, in discrete and multi-lane configurations, in PCI-X and PCIe
slots.  Work quite nicely.  Especially if you have a hot-swappable
backplane.

We've been very pleased with the 3Ware cards, in both FreeBSD and
Debian Linux.  Especially their 3dm2 web-based management tool.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com