Marvell Yukon 2 88E8040

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 00:38:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 03:07:56PM -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
 > Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
 > >On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
 > >
 > >>I saw a Marvell Yukon 2 88E8040 driver at
 > >>http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/msk/msk.88E8040.patch

I guess patch above wouldn't apply cleanly due to changes in
msk(4).

 > >>but the patch doesn't apply cleanly.
 > >>
 > >>Are people considering putting it into FreeBSD 8x or FreeBSD 7x anytime
 > >>soon?

Yes, I'd like to but had no testers so far. (I'm still waiting for
feedback from a first tester.)
Because I don't have 88E8040 hardware I need help from users to
write a working patch. What make me hard for this hardware was it
used slightly different descriptor format and added additional new
silicon bugs.

I'll update the patch in a couple of days and let you know.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon