Upcoming release schedule

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Fri Jun 6 08:41:25 UTC 2008

> > This is the schedule we will be shooting for through the next several
> > years/branches:
> [snip]
> >         6/2012  10.0
> >         12/2012 10.1 and 9.4
>
> In an attempt to bring all the list discussions back to something a little
> more useful, I propose that in June of 2012, you name the release 0xa.0.

Taking above as a joke :-)

Re.  Nomenclature:
  MickeySoft's "WinDross 95" & "WinDross 98" told year like a wine bottle :-)
  But FreeBSD also has multiple parallel overlapping release streams.
  It is a nuisance remembering FreeBSD is 7, NetBSD 4, SUSE 8, etc.
  Linux minor release names instead of numbers not intuitive to outsiders.
  src/ports Makefiles etc know about decimal release numbers.
  7.2008-Feb unwieldy compared to 7.0
I guess we'll stay as we are.

Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich www.berklix.com
	Mail just Ascii plain text.  HTML & Base64 text are spam.