working 8.0 minimal nanoBSD config?

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Thu Jun 5 18:20:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

Anyone out there have a working config for a minimal nanoBSD setup?

One that worked several months ago now doesn't work (yeah, I know, I
know, big surprise).  This is on:

FreeBSD stretchlimo.blackhelicopters.org 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #9: Thu Jun  5 10:38:43 EDT 2008     mwlucas at stretchlimo.blackhelicopters.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

the build dies without an obvious error:

 -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wunused-parameter -Wchar-subscripts -Winline -Wnested-externs -Wredundant-decls -Wno-pointer-sign  -static -o test test.o
===> bin/uuidgen (all)
cc -O2 -pipe  -DNDEBUG -Wsystem-headers -Wall -Wno-format-y2k -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -Wswitch -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wunused-parameter -Wchar-subscripts -Winline -Wnested-externs -Wredundant-decls -Wno-pointer-sign -c /usr/src/bin/uuidgen/uuidgen.c
cc -O2 -pipe  -DNDEBUG -Wsystem-headers -Wall -Wno-format-y2k -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -Wswitch -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wunused-parameter -Wchar-subscripts -Winline -Wnested-externs -Wredundant-decls -Wno-pointer-sign  -static -o uuidgen uuidgen.o
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error

The config I'm using is below.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
==ml

#configuration for building a Soekris DNS server

NANO_NAME=SoekrisDNS
NANO_IMAGES=1
NANO_KERNEL=SOEKRIS
NANO_DRIVE=ad1
#NO_PMAKE="make -j 3"
NO_PMAKE="make"

FlashDevice samsung 128

customize_cmd cust_comconsole
customize_cmd cust_allow_ssh_root
customize_cmd cust_install_files

CONF_INSTALL='
NO_TOOLCHAIN=YES
'

CONF_WORLD='
NO_MODULES=YES
WITHOUT_ACPI=YES
WITHOUT_ASSERT_DEBUG=YES
WITHOUT_ATM=YES
WITHOUT_AUDIT=YES
WITHOUT_AUTHPF=YES
#WITHOUT_BIND=YES
WITHOUT_BLUETOOTH=YES
WITHOUT_CALENDAR=YES
WITHOUT_CPP=YES
WITHOUT_CVS=YES
WITHOUT_CXX=YES
WITHOUT_DICT=YES
WITHOUT_DYNAMICROOT=YES
WITHOUT_EXAMPLES=YES
WITHOUT_FORTH=YES
WITHOUT_FORTRAN=YES
WITHOUT_GAMES=YES
WITHOUT_GCOV=YES
WITHOUT_GDB=YES
WITHOUT_GPIB=YES
WITHOUT_GROFF=YES
WITHOUT_HESIOD_LIBC=YES
WITHOUT_HTML=YES
WITHOUT_I4B=YES
WITHOUT_INET6=YES
WITHOUT_INFO=YES
WITHOUT_IPFILTER=YES
WITHOUT_IPX=YES
WITHOUT_KERBEROS=YES
WITHOUT_KLDLOAD=YES
WITHOUT_LIBC_R=YES
WITHOUT_LIBPTHREAD=YES
WITHOUT_LIBTHR=YES
WITHOUT_LPR=YES
WITHOUT_MAILWRAPPER=YES
WITHOUT_MAN=YES
WITHOUT_NCP=YES
WITHOUT_NETCAT=YES
WITHOUT_NETGRAPH=YES
WITHOUT_NIS=YES
WITHOUT_NLS=YES
WITHOUT_NLS_CATALOGS=YES
WITHOUT_NS_CACHING=YES
WITHOUT_OBJC=YES
WITHOUT_P1003_1B=YES
WITHOUT_PAM=YES
WITHOUT_PF=YES
WITHOUT_PROFILE=YES
WITHOUT_RCMDS=YES
WITHOUT_RCS=YES
WITHOUT_RESCUE=YES
WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=YES
#WITHOUT_SETUID_LOGIN=YES
WITHOUT_SHAREDOCS=YES
WITHOUT_SPP=YES
#WITHOUT_SYMVER=YES
WITHOUT_SYSCONS=YES
WITHOUT_USB=YES
#WITHOUT_WPA_SUPPLICANT_EAPOL=YES
WITHOUT_ZFS=YES
'

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, mwlucas at FreeBSD.org
      Now Shipping: "Absolute FreeBSD" -- http://www.AbsoluteFreeBSD.com