[HEADSUP]: Linux 2.6 emulation enabled on default

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 3 21:25:59 UTC 2008

hi,

today I commited a patch that enabled Linux 2.6 emulation on default
in contrast to 2.4 as it was until now.

hope by enabling this on default we can put some more testing on the
Linuxulator so we can ship 8.0R with 2.6 on default. This enables
us to use newer linux_base than Fedora Core 4.

there is a known problem with getdents() with a fix noone tested yet [1].
I also have a patch from NetBSD which I was unable to test but I am
sure it's correct [2]. Please test those patches in a case of problems
so I can commit them.

thnx!

roman

[1] www.vlakno.cz/~rdivacky/getdents.patch