Subversion documentation for the FreeBSD project?

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 3 17:37:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 06:45:03PM +0200, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> seems like I totally missed the effort to port the FreeBSD CVS to SVN.
> Is there some documentation around, that describes the New Way for us
> mere mortals? Specific questions that come to my mind:
>
> - How will repository propagation be done in the future? rsync?

cvsup is and will remain the primary method for users to obtain source.

There will be a network of svn mirrors, but details are still being
worked out.  Currently, svnsync is being tested by some people.

> - Is there one big svn tree or src/ ports/ doc/ seperately?

Separate.

> - Did you fixup the CVS repo-copies into real SVN renames?

No, this is effectively impossible as there is no history of repocopies
in cvs.

> - Will svn(1) ever be part of the base system?

Maybe, but not yet.

> - Some statistics about repo-size would be nice :)

1GB as a bzip2 compressed tarball.  3.4GB extracted.

-- Brooks