HT1000 Crash dump failure

Barney Cordoba barney_cordoba at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 21:19:41 UTC 2008

I'm not sure how best to fix it, but it seems that
this broke crash dumps on
the HT1000 chipset:
exit1() at exit1+0x39d
sys_exit() at sys_exit+0xe
ia32_syscall() at ia32_syscall+0x256
Xint0x80_syscall() at Xint0x80_syscall+0x5d
Uptime: 5d0h51m55s
Physical memory: 4084 MB
Dumping 325 MB:ata2: FAILURE - oversized DMA transfer
attempt 65536 > 64512
ad4: setting up DMA failed
** DUMP FAILED (ERROR 5) **
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the
console to abort
Rebooting...
cpu_reset: Restarting BSP
I'm guessing that the atadev->max_iosize is still set
to 64k somehow (DMA
default) for the ata disk when it does the check in
ad_strategy(), but I'm
not sure how as for the HT1000 chipset at least
ch->dma->max_iosize is set to
63k in the controller allocate routine which should be
run before the child
disk devices are probed and attached AFAICT.
--
John Baldwin

I found this message, but no resolution. Has anyone
figured out how not to get the oversized DMA error
with HT1000 chipset?

Barney