CFT: upgt(4) - Conexant/Intersil PrismGT wireless USB driver

Weongyo Jeong weongyo.jeong at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 05:52:13 UTC 2008

Hello,
I'd like to get problem reports of upgt(4) driver before committing this
work to HEAD.  This driver obtained from OpenBSD upgt(4) and a patch can
be found here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~weongyo/patch_upgt_20080709.diff

In current implementations, It supports USB 2.0 adapters based on GW3887
chipset and I succeeded to connect to AP with normal connection and WPA.
(My device was Netgear WG111v2)  AFAIK this device also supports
big/little endian archs though it's not tested.

You needs to load a firmware module (upgtfw) whose URL can be found the
upgt(4) manpage.  Please see it.

regards,
Weongyo Jeong