panic: System call lstat returning with 1 locks held

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 29 14:08:43 PST 2008

Attilio Rao wrote:
> 2008/1/27, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org>:
>> Attilio Rao wrote:
>>
>>> As my really first commit about VFS happened on 28 december (and it
>>> should also be a nop), and you reported a 23 december kernel, it seems
>>> like the problem was alredy there by time.
>> Ok, so you're off the hook. :) Interested in helping track down why
>> it's panic'ing?
>
> Sure, I'm testing a patch which instruments lockmgr with ktr and
> witness support.
> I will post later in the day in order to make consumer-available.

ok. FYI I tried torture-testing it today, and thing are looking a
little better. It only paniced once, with the same message as in the
subject but it was stat, not lstat. Unfortunately it didn't actually
do the dump, so I don't have a backtrace. If I can get it to
panic&dump I'll let you know.

Doug