SMP kernels /w POLLING enabled - combination garbles(syncer?)console line message(s) on reboot

Chargen chargen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:35:48 PST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 1:21 PM, Steven Hartland <killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE=128  ?

I`ve been able to reproduce the symptom with SMP kernelconfiguration

options        MPTABLE_FORCE_HTT     (enabled)

makes the Swedish Chef module (syncer) gone awry on reboot ie.:

Waituihas jsaf 32582795 erjwefjwhejhrh25 proooces stoop

#options        MPTABLE_FORCE_HTT  (disabled)

gives normal messages during the shutdown sequence

Waiting for {.......}  system process to stop
Waiting for {.......}  system process to stop
All buffs synced

enabling or disabling PREEMPTION / IPI_PREEMPTION  makes no difference.

Chargen >>