panic: System call lstat returning with 1 locks held

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 26 08:42:47 PST 2008

Yar Tikhiy wrote:

> No doubt. :-) But the urgency of this problem appears much lower
> than that I estimated in the first place--fortunately.  Broken UFS
> would be a nightmare.

IMO if we're going to ship NTFS support in the base it should actually
function, or at minimum not panic the box. As I reported earlier, I can
panic my -current system with 100% reliability with fairly light access
to an NTFS volume, which I consider to be a fairly large problem, at
least for my personal usage pattern.

Doug