bsnmpd daemon eating all cpu

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 22 10:16:21 PST 2008

Bartosz Giza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using dell poweredge sc440 router with one xeon dual core cpu.
> This is basicly only router for dummynet firewall dhcpd and named.
> I want to run bsnmpd daemon but when i start it it starts eating all cpu from
> one core.

I can sort-of confirm this, but on 6-STABLE, 4BSD scheduler, and not
"all CPU" but just an unreasonable chunk. The usage seems to increase
with load (this is a PHP+pgsql web server): as the load increases,
bsnmpd uses more and more CPU. Don't know exactly what causes it - could
be network or disk IO (does it somehow "listen" for IO events??). As
this is silly and I need the CPU for Real Work, I've disabled it.