bsnmpd daemon eating all cpu

Bartosz Giza gizmen at blurp.pl
Tue Jan 22 05:54:15 PST 2008

Hi,

I am using dell poweredge sc440 router with one xeon dual core cpu.
This is basicly only router for dummynet firewall dhcpd and named.
I want to run bsnmpd daemon but when i start it it starts eating all cpu from
one core.
I have run truss to check what it is doing and i have got huge amount of such
syscalls
gettimeofday({1201008182.366354},0x0)            = 0 (0x0)

I want to use this daemon because it is in base system but if i could not run
this daemon in normal way i will be forced to use net-snmpd port.
I have basic config with hotres module added.
I am running freebsd 7.0-prerelease.
Alsa what is strange i have exactly the same machine with freebsd
7.0-prerelase but with only one network card for testing and bsnmpd behaves
normal.
Could some one help me with this. I can send dump from truss or even do some
more testing.
Second strange thing is when i have compiled kernel with ULE scheduler bsnmpd
shoed me 100% cpu utilization on both cores for all time. And after
recompiling kernel with 4BSD it shows good numbers for cpu utilization.

PS. Please cc me i am subscribed to the list.