powerd adaptive mode latching

Benjamin Lutz mail at maxlor.com
Sun Jan 20 07:30:19 PST 2008

Hello Andrew,

On Monday 07 January 2008 16:32:55 Andrew Atrens wrote:
> As far as I know a fix has not been submitted. My brain is still a
> bit foggy from being off on holiday, but it seems to me that Benjamin
> still had a problem with his AMD dual core system.

I updated the machine in question to FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE now. I was
happy to notice that the problem is fixed for me now:

dev.cpu.0.freq_levels: 2100/15000 2000/13720 1800/11360 1000/5531

I still don't know exactly what the cause for the previous misbehaviour
was; my investigations quickly led me to code that was too complex to
understand in the time I was willing to invest in this; I guess this is
moot now.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
Benjamin