How to disable acpi thermal?

Bob Bishop rb at gid.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 03:42:22 PST 2008

Hi,

On 15 Jan 2008, at 05:23, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Kevin Foo wrote:
>
>> You can disable ACPI thermal by adding line below to /boot/
>> loader.conf
>>
>> debug.acpi.disable="thermal"
>>
>> I doubt it is safe to do so.
>
> Well, I don't know what else to do.  Everything worked just fine
> under FreeBSD 4.x until upgrading to 7.0.
>
> I was looking for some way to turn it off without rebooting.

Can't help you there, but FWIW we recently had to disable ACPI thermal
as above on a Core 2 Quad server running 6.2R to suppress continuous
error messages. It's been running nice and cool for over a month with
no problems.

--
Bob Bishop          +44 (0)118 940 1243
rb at gid.co.uk fax +44 (0)118 940 1295