powerd adaptive mode latching

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Sat Jan 12 17:13:59 PST 2008

Nate Lawson wrote:
> I am not sure this patch should be committed as-is.  It might be better
> centralized in the cpufreq mid-layer so that all drivers benefit instead
> of just acpi_perf.  If there are frequencies that are too close to each
> other (no matter what the source driver), it might be good to eliminate
> them.
>
> I'll look into it later today.
>
> -Nate

I fully agree that centralized solution is better.
But at this late stage of RELENG_7_0, I'm happy with this patch, as it
solves our problem and is very simple.
If you can come with something better before 7-RELEASE, it's OK, but
otherwise I think we should have this patch in the CVS and then
RELENG_7_0 (even marked as XXX)

The other patch actually is in powerd.c and with it doesn't matter what
is the source of the information, but I personally, more like the
acpi_perf patch :)