FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 11 01:20:19 PST 2008

Quoting Poul-Henning Kamp, who wrote on Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 09:18:12AM +0000 ..
> In message <47873174.4040802 at gmail.com>, "Aryeh M. Friedman" writes:
>
> >> Ny scheme that depends on us changing the license is a non-starter
> >> for both practical (we'd need to get everybodys acceptance of that,
> >>  and piss of a large number of users who have cleared the BSD
> >> license with their laywers) and ideological (we don't want to
> >> create uncertainty about the well known and deeply established BSD
> >> license).
> >>

> >The revision I am suggesting [...]
>
> It does not matter.  The BSD license will not be changed for the
> reasons I stated.
>
> It ain't gonna happen.
>
> All you're doing now is hurting your case by annoyingly keeping barking
> up the wrong tree.

Worse, it is hurting FreeBSD because it burns committer cycles that better
be spent on doing something sensible instead of arguing about a license
change that will never happen.

Wilko

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org