powerd adaptive mode latching

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Fri Jan 11 03:27:36 PST 2008

Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com> writes:
> While still here any idea how to make powerd to not lower cpufreq
> under let's say 1000HZ?  I want to manually set the allowed minimum,
> because my laptop is lagging too much under certain speeds.

The whole point of powerd is to automatically adapt to the load.  If
your laptop "lags too much" powerd should detect that and increase the
CPU frequency.  However, poor interactive response can result when CPU
frequency fluctuates too quickly; perhaps your problem will go away with
Andrew's patch, which is intended to dampen such fluctuations?

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no