CFT: sf(4)

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 03:39:04 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 11:04:01AM +0000, Bruce M. Simpson wrote:
 > Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
 > > - AIC-6915 supports Rx/Tx checksum offload as well as hardware VLAN
 > >    tag insertion/stripping if firmware is loaded into frame
 > >    processor. Unfortunately the firmware is not available under BSD
 > >    license so these additional hardware accelerations are not
 > >    available yet on FreeBSD. :-(
 > >

 > I think I might still have one of these cards lying around, though free
 > time, as always, is scant.
 >
 > Have you tried contacting Adaptec about the licensing issue? These cards
 > are several years old, it seems to me they should be willing to license
 > the firmware.

I tried to contact the vendor to get e-mail support but I couldn't
find who is responsible for this issue. The vendor's website requires
a TSID(Technical Support Identification) number which is not available
to me. Linux seems to have GPL v2 licensed firmware from Adaptec.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon