[HEADS UP] ar(1) front-end committed. (notes for cross compile)

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 25 17:18:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:16:32AM +0100, Dag-Erling Smrgrav wrote:
> "David O'Brien" <obrien at freebsd.org> writes:
> > Ruslan Ermilov <ru at freebsd.org> writes:
> > > 2) there's no harm in bootstrapping more than necessary.
> > Duplicated effort, and long build world times.
>
> Uh, David, it's only a few days, and it only adds a couple of minutes at
> most for those upgrading in the window between the libarchive fix and
> 7000044.  You're splitting hairs - although I agree about documenting it.

No - you're misunderstanding me.  ALL I'm saying is when one uses a
particular __FreeBSD_version they should document the significance of
that version in the Porter's Handbook.  One should be able to look up
why that particular number was used.

I am not in the lest bit complaining that the value 7000044 isn't the
exact second the event ru is testing for occurred.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)