ZFS: data sometimes not getting correctly flushed to disk (possible mmap/write issue)?

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sun Feb 24 11:51:33 UTC 2008

> 3) ktracing gen2.py shows that the py-mutagen library seems to do both
> write()s and read/write mmap()s to the file to update the file.

FWIW, ever since a dovecot installation of mine was moved onto ZFS one gets
sporadic 'internel errors' from dovecot. Dovecot logs that index files are
corrupt, and marked broken. Recovery involves re-selecting the IMAP mailbox.

(mmap_disable = yes), and the problem seems to have gone away immediately.

If it should show up again in spite of mmap being disabled I will post a
follow-up, but it's been long enough that I believe the problem to be gone.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org