[HEADS UP] ar(1) front-end committed. (notes for cross compile)

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 22 09:47:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:16:42PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/usr.bin/Makefile,v
..
> -	ar \
> +	${_ar} \
..
>  .if ${MK_TOOLCHAIN} != "no"
> +_ar=		ar

Please commit now - I should have done it this way.

> RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/usr.bin/ar/Makefile,v
..
> -.if defined(WITH_BSDAR)
> -PROG=	ar
> -.else
>  PROG=	bsdar
> -.endif
> +LINKS=	${BINDIR}/bsdar ${BINDIR}/bsdranlib
> +MLINKS=	bsdar.1 bsdranlib.1

LINKS and MLINKS don't belong here in a Makefile - they are better
located where I have them.

> -NO_SHARED?=	yes

It looks like you're totally removing the NO_SHARED setting, or do you
still have it set when BSD-ar is the default 'ar'?