Winbond IO chip driver

David Duchscher daved at tamu.edu
Fri Feb 22 03:36:48 UTC 2008

I have started work on a WinBond chip driver (currently only the
W83627HF chip) to provide access to the chips watchdog timer and
sensors.  I have never written a driver before and my C is rather
rusty so I figured I would post what I currently have in hopes that
some kind soul would take pity on me.  What I have so far is located
here:

   http://freebsd.tamu.edu/wbio/

The driver does attach and the watchdog timer works for the chip in my
test machine running FreeBSD 6.3.  TData sheets are here:

   http://www.winbond-usa.com/en/content/view/143/273/

Any advice, pointers, documents would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time...
--
DaveD