hptrr driver panics on 7.0-RC2

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Feb 20 21:04:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 07:41 +0000, Alex Trull wrote:
> Scott Long wrote:
> > Alex Trull wrote:
> >> Issue also confirmed with the rocketraid 2310 / revision 2.2 firmware
> >> on amd64.
> >
> > Yeah, known issue that will be addressed shortly.  Sorry for the
> > inconvenience.  Does it work with RC1 for you?
> >
> > Scott
> Yes - the quickest recovery was booting the rc1 livefs image followed by
> copying over that image's /boot/kernel.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Alex

The hptrr driver update that had been done between 7.0-RC1 and 7.0-RC2
has been backed out in the CVS repository.  If you experienced problems
caused by that driver and can do a cvsup based update (branch tag
RELENG_7_0) to see if that solves the issues and let us know that would
be appreciated.  I'm currently uploading a "mini-RC3" that just has the
amd64 and i386 architectures but it will be a while before the upload
completes and it then propagates out to the mirrors.  I'll send out an
announcement about its availability once it's had a chance to propagate
a bit.  If you successfully update using cvsup the kernel should
identify itself as 7.0-RC3.

Thanks.  Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the driver's update.

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |