panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block (7.0-RC1)

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:51:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 04:36:36PM +0100, Pieter de Goeje wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> > Pieter de Goeje wrote:
> > > What revision of sys/vm/vm_object.c do you have?
> >
> > __FBSDID("$FreeBSD: src/sys/vm/vm_object.c,v 1.385.2.1 2007/10/19
> > 05:48:45 alc Exp $");
> >

> Hmm that's odd, some time ago I tracked this issue down to this commit, but
> apparently there's still something wrong or the issue was fixed in another
> commit in the same timeframe.
The issue can appear for a lot of different reasons. The panic is mostly
a post-check for something already gone wrong.

I would first check the filesystem with fsck and somehow verified
consistency of the mirror.

Another reason for the panic was fixed in rev. 1.50.10.1 of the
sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_balloc.c. But the conditions that caused panic fixed
in this rev. usually appear when filesystem becomes full.