ichss0: transition to 1 failed

Dimiter Ivanov erazorbg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:45:21 UTC 2008

Hello, my first mail here.

I recently  upgraded from 6.3 to 7.0  and the message "ichss0:
transition to 1 failed " started to appear.

I searched the archives and found 1 thread related to the problem,
dating 9th June 2005, and the fix, quoted from that mail is :

/*
I got this problem solved thanks to Bruno Ducrot who emailed me
offline providing a patch for sys/dev/cpufreq/ichss.c to autodetect
CPU's that don't support SpeedStep technology.
Just like my Pentium Celeron M.
It could also be fixed with following string put to my
/boot/loader.conf to disable ICHSS:
hint.ichss.0.disabled="1"
*/
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-current/2005-June/051281.html

My CPU is also, "Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor", and i'm writing to
ask is this normal (or i did something wrong during update?), and if
the standard way of fixing it is :
putting hint.ichss.0.disabled="1" in /boot/loader.conf

And one more question:
What CPUTYPE in make.conf to use for this processor? pentium-m or pentium4m.