DTrace/FreeBSD source snapshot

John Birrell jb at what-creek.com
Mon Feb 4 14:53:27 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 04:34:12PM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> With this installed, I'm seeing a problem running any
> dtrace scripts:
>
> dtrace: failed to compile script /nfs/home/gallatin/dtrace/printa.d:
> "/usr/lib/dtrace/psinfo.d", line 37: syntax error near "uid_t"
>
> I'm guessing dtrace doesn't know what a uid_t is.   Is this some sort
> of installation problem on my part?

Hmmm. That looks like a CTF conversion problem, assuming that uid_t
is actually referenced in our kernel (which I think it should be).

Does a ctfdump of the kernel list uid_t?

> While I was trying to figure out what was going on, the
> machine fell over:
>
> panic: solaris assert: ((__curthread())->td_proc) == p, file:

Ah that's WIP. I shouldn't have added fasttrap to the dtraceall
module dependencies. Can you take it out or just load all the other
modules manually? You wo't get anywhere trying to trace userland stuff
yet.

--
John Birrell