DTrace/FreeBSD source snapshot

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Fri Feb 1 13:18:10 PST 2008

John Birrell writes:
 > [ amd64 and i386 users only ]
 >
 > Here is a link to a current snapshot containing DTrace:
 >
 > <http://people.freebsd.org/~jb/dtrace/dtrace-20080201.tar.bz>

Awesome!

 > It's a big file, but for anyone who is interested, I can provide
 > diffs in future from it.
 >
 > The source builds like a normal FreeBSD buildworld/buildkernel.

A make -j16 buildworld using this tree died like as follows on
a virgin box, so it seems there may be some dependancy issues
to work out:

cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I/var/tmp/dtrace/src/kerberos5/tools/make-roken/../../include -g  -c
make-roken.c
ctfconvert -L VERSION make-print-version.o
ctfconvert: not found
*** Error code 127
1 error
*** Error code 2
ctfconvert -L VERSION make-roken.o
ctfconvert: not found
*** Error code 127
1 error
*** Error code 2
2 errors

I'll install ctfconvert and try again :)

Drew