HEADSUP usb2 (usb4bsd) to become default in 2 weeks.

gnn at freebsd.org gnn at freebsd.org
Tue Dec 23 23:00:46 UTC 2008

At Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:53:30 -0800,
Sam Leffler wrote:
> I'll offer a different POV.  I think we should switch ASAP and resolve
> open issues (so long as the old code is kept around for folks to fall
> back on).  We cannot ship 8.0 w/ 2 stacks and delaying the inevitable
> will only leave unknown issues closer to the release date and
> potentially delay/extend the release process.  I said this when the code
> was first committed and feel even more strongly now.  Of course all this
> depends on developers stepping up and fixing problems.  IMO we cannot
> depend on this code if it is treated purely as vendor-contributed code.
> The only reason I can see for not switching are important regressions in
> functionality (both in the kernel and user programs) or security issues.
>  It sounds like there are reasons to not switch now but I think we need
> to move ASAP.

Much as I hate to do this in email:  <aol>Me too!</aol>


More information about the freebsd-current mailing list