Change select(2) to kevent(2) on script(1)...

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 23 11:19:47 UTC 2008

Hi sobomax!

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:57:38 -0800
Maxim Sobolev <sobomax at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > 	I think that performance improvement is significant(I don't
> > 	think performance improved by my patch).  But my patch is the
> And can you explain where that "significant improvement" comes from? Are
> you saying that tty layer / pseudo-terminal driver is somehow much more
> efficient with kqeue(2) compared to select(2)/poll(2)? There is
> something broken about it if so.
> In any case without any numbers this discussion is pretty much pointless.

	I'm sorry.  My "significant" means is "important".  I missed
	word choice.

	I consider that:
		1. on select(2) v.s. kqueue(2) in this case, not
		   performance improved.
		2. both select(2) and kqueue(2) are not broken.

	I'm interesting in implementation of script(1) by kqueue(2).