i give up

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Dec 8 17:10:28 PST 2008

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:36:23 +0000
Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 19:07 -0600, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> > I'm continuing to hold out hope that I can provide the missing bits
> > of the puzzle that will lead to a solution.  But I've already
> > passed along everything I could get from Windows Vista's System
> > Information tool, Linux's lspci command, and FreeBSD's pciconf and
> > dmesg.  I don't know what more I can provide at this point.
>
> You could perhaps provide it again?  I've still not seen it.
>
> > As another poster suggested, it's possible there's a bug/typo in the
> > patches Soren sent me, although they all apply quite cleanly to
> > every successive version of current I've tried them on.  So...I'm
> > at a loss at this point.  It really is frustrating.
> >
> > I'm no fan of either Windows or Linux, but at least they do
> > recognize my hardware.  So I'm stuck for the time being.  <sigh>
> >
> > If anyone's interested, I'll repost or mail directly to them all the
> > pertinent info I can gather.  Just say the word and it shall be
> > done.
>
> Please.
>
> Gavin

Thank you for your interest.  I'm currently running under Linux
(Ubuntu) as I write this, so I've attached the output of Linux's dmesg
as well as "lspci" using various options.  I'll post later (I'm going
out to a meeting shortly) from FreeBSD and provide the output from
dmesg and pciconf (and anything else you may suggest).  I no longer
have Windows Vista installed at all, so I can't offer anything from
that (not that it would probably be terribly useful anyway).  :-)

It's PCI device 00:9.0 that seems to be causing all the trouble, if
that's anything of a timesaver for you.

Thanks again very much.  It really would be so great to find a
resolution to this problem so I can go back to enjoying the full use of
my machine under FreeBSD.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net>