SATA disks no longer showing up after updating CURRENT last night

Pascal Hofstee caelian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 06:54:00 UTC 2008

Moin,

Last night i updated my 8.0-CURRENT/amd64 system to svn revision r182296.
I then re-applied pjd's zfs-patchset and rebuild world and kernel overnight.

This morning i actually went ahead and installed the resulting world and kernel
only to discover that during boot my two SATA disks no longer seem to show up
at all.

The onboard nVidia MCP55 SATA controller is still probed and attached though if
memory serves me right the failing boot only showed a single nVidia MCP55 SATA
controller on atapci1, instead of two as the working boot does ... one
on atapci1
the other on atapci2.

My SATA disks are attached to ata2-master and ata3-master respectively
(ad4 and ad6)

Somebody out there has any idea why the SATA Controller on atapci2 no
longer seems
to be probed and therefore my disks no longer show up ?

--
   Pascal Hofstee