POSIX compliant termios.h?

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Tue Aug 12 15:35:48 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Sorry everyone for spamming the lists. ;-)

* Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
> Until very recently, it wasn't really possible to properly add TAB3 to
> <termios.h>, because TAB3 was also used inside the <sgtty.h> interface.
> Now that <sgtty.h> is no longer accessible by userspace applications, we
> could commit the following patch to -CURRENT, but we cannot safely
> backport it to RELENG_*:

It turns out I was mistaken, because we never supported TAB3 in the
first place. I thought we just defined it to (TAB1|TAB2) inside
sys/ioctl_compat.h.

I've just fixed this in the MPSAFETTY tree:

	http://perforce.freebsd.org/changeView.cgi?CH=147234

This means on August 20, FreeBSD will support TAB3 like it should. I
won't MFC this change back, because I suspect some ports might break if
I do so. We've lived without TAB3 for many years now, so I guess it
won't hurt to leave RELENG_[67] the way they are.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/