[Call for testers] New cvsmode for csup patch

Ulf Lilleengen lulf at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 1 21:33:36 UTC 2008

Hello again,

Even in these new subversion days, I'm not giving up :) Thanks for the feedback
I got on the previous patches. It brought some issues with the patch that should
now be fixed. It took some time, but I've been priotitizing other projects.
However, here are a list of the changes:

- Someone experienced segfaults when doing an update. This was because using
  wrong format specifier to proto_printf.
- Some parts of the protocol was missing, such as support for the Z command, and
  supporting U in cvsmode. This is now implemented.
- The rcsfile implementation would use huge amounts of memory when running
  diffs. Lately, it was easier to pinpoint where this happened due to huge diff
  chains, showing clearly where the memory was lost. This is now fixed, and csup
  seems to have a stable memory usage. Please report if you see otherwise.
- Some simplifications and removal of code that is not needed.
- Added an update of the usr.bin/csup Makefile. Thanks to kris@ for pointing
  this out.

I hope all of you that tried the previous patch will try this one. Your previous
feedback was valuable in finding out where I should look to fix these problems.

Patches can be found for CURRENT:
http://people.freebsd.org/~lulf/patches/csup/csup_2008-08-01_CURRENT.diff

and 7-STABLE:
http://people.freebsd.org/~lulf/patches/csup/csup_2008-08-01_RELENG_7.diff