The safety expansion for FreeBSD rm(1)

Daichi GOTO daichi at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 25 06:31:10 PDT 2007

Hi Guys again

Today is not unionfs. Introduction for safety expansion of rm(1).
I know that some unix folks have a experience that you remove some
files or directories accidentally. Yes, me too. LoL

Have you any dreams that rm(1) autonomously judges target should
be remove or not?  To complexify system base command is objectionable
behavior but adding some little and simple mechanism to prevent a
issue is acceptable I suppose.

We have created safety expansion for rm(1). If you have any interests,
please try follow patch.

   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/safety-rm/

Thanks :)

--