SATA DVD-Drive

Nathan Butcher n-butcher at fusiongol.com
Mon Sep 24 20:00:02 PDT 2007

Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Nathan Butcher wrote:
>>> I haven't checked if "Remap memory" is set on my system though.. I
>>> will check soon.
>> I don't think I have this option on my motherboard's BIOS.
>>
>> BTW, I am running with a Silicon Image 3124 chipset 4 port SATA-II
>> card now (of generic Taiwanese make), and have had no issues with it.
>> Seems like a good chipset for cheap ZFS on CURRENT. Fingers crossed,
>> the driver won't break until RELEASE.
>
> Silicon Image leave a bad taste in my mouth after the Sil3112 :)
>
> If I get some time I will try a binary search and find when the JMicron
> stopped working in -current.

Actually, now that I think about it, I tried a card with a SiI3114
chipset (the SATA-1 variety) in 7.0-CURRENT a few weeks ago in a
SuperMicro server board. The driver for that chipset is broken too, in
another weird and wonderful way. I have no idea if it is fixed yet or
not in the latest CURRENT, but I doubt it. The FreeBSD ata driver
maintainer seems to be MIA.