TCP socket problem on Sept. -CURRENT snapshot

Petr Holub hopet at ics.muni.cz
Fri Sep 21 08:08:28 PDT 2007

> looks like the problem is actually some per-IP bug... Any reports
> of this behavior reported before before I start looking into this
> deeper?

Actually, it might be some nasty behavior of xorg.freedesktop.org
(131.252.210.176) - according to tcpdump, echo requests are being
sent, but nothing is received in return. While the same ping works
from a machine sitting on the same network next to this one. I'm
not sure what's happening: if it might be some bug that tcpdump
can't reveal or 131.252.210.176 is playing games...

Petr